A reflection by Matt DeBall
“Abide in My Love… and Bear Fruit” (John 15:9-17).
What does it mean to embody the love of God? What does it look like to gather together and make decisions in a way that shows Christ’s love to others? As delegates and members of the Church of the Brethren gather for Annual Conference in less than 10 days, it is these questions that will guide their time in business and worship.
Those attending Annual Conference in Tampa, Fla. on July 11-15 will travel from near and far, domestically and internationally to be involved in this important gathering of the church. However, whether or not you will be in Tampa, there are several ways you can share the love of Christ and participate in this year’s Annual Conference:
- Give to Annual Conference Offerings.
- Bring supplies for the Witness to the Host City.
- Donate blood at the Blood Drive on July 13 and 14.
- Partake in Annual Conference Sunday (July 12) with your congregation by tuning in to the worship webcast at www.brethren.org/ac/webcasts.
- View webcasts of business and worship.
- Support the ministry of webcasting so that it may continue for future Conferences.
- Download the Annual Conference App to follow-along with news and social media.
- Go to the news index page for Annual Conference to keep up with news reports, daily photo albums, webcasting, sermons, and more at www.brethren.org/AC2015.
Regardless of how you participate in Annual Conference, we look forward to seeing how the love of Jesus transforms us in our time together. For it is when we are gathered together, whether in body or in Spirit, that we may remain in the love of Christ and bear much fruit.
Your participation at Annual Conference, whether on site or remotely, is valuable for the life of the Church of the Brethren. Learn more about Annual Conference 2015 at www.brethren.org/ac. Follow events during the Conference at www.brethren.org/AC2015.