By Becky Gadzama
Education Must Continue Initiative (EMCI) is so thankful to God for another year. Our prayer is that , every one of you would enjoy a very exciting walk with the Lord through out this new year. We also pray that He will provide ALL your needs both spiritual and material according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
2016 was very encouraging for EMCI. Highlights include:
– Graduation of 59 IDP Yola senior class. 85% of whom passed their SSCE exams( SAT) equivalence.
– Efforts to start EMCI school in a maiduguri suburb for Kanuri girls,
– Greater opportunities for the relocation of children from from north east to safe schools in central Nigeria and other southern parts of Nigeria,
– Gradual stabilization of the Yola and Lassa IDP schools for better future directions and planning.
– One of the chibok girls that have lived with us has started her degree (Accounting ) program in AUN Yola. The other is preparing for her SSCE. Their determinations are very encouraging.
-Amazing donation of nutritious food to EMCI kid by ALL THINGS POSSIBLE. It arrived very timely , at the peak of the food crisis in the Borno camps. Over 14000 kids benefited from it in Maiduguri and 6000 children, orphaned by Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen violence.
Praise and prayer requests for 2017:
– Thanking God His provisions in the past years. – that God will continue to bless CoB both financially and materially – peace in Nigeria – freedom and human right in Nigeria – stable school year – EMCI senior students to do well in their SSCE exams this year also. – successful teacher capacity programs – safety as we travel to and fro – God’s blessings so that EMCI can do much more this year. – Good health – more opportunities to impact the lives of children educationally. – Favor for the take off of the Kanuri girls school in Maiduguri. -That the remaining 194 Chibok girls still in captivity will be home very soon