By Matt DeBall, coordinator of Donor Communications
“The Lord has done great things for us, and we rejoice”
Blessed are you, Lord, our God, Ruler of the Universe. We praise you for your steadfast love and for your mighty works in the world. Thank you for redeeming and restoring us, your church. Ignite our hearts to serve you and others more fully.
In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen.
Rejoice and be glad! God has been faithful to us. Despite the challenges and hardships we face, God continues to express love to us in profound ways. Overwhelmed by the goodness of God, it seems natural that we would respond with praise and gratitude.
As we give thanks to God in this season, we continue a long tradition. The Israelites, after being rescued from difficulty and distress, were filled with gratitude and love for God. They rejoiced with heartfelt singing and joyful dancing. They gave of the best of themselves as an act of praise.
Like the Israelites, there is much for which we can be thankful. Through the provision and love of God, the Church of the Brethren continues to share the peace of Christ.
This year alone, God has done many great things among us.
- Approximately 302 youth, young adults,
and advisors served in 19 workcamps.
- The Mission and Ministry Board has approved two new mission projects in Venezuela and in the Africa Great Lakes region (Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, and Burundi).
- More than 800 individuals attended
Inspiration 2017 (National Older Adult Conference).
- The Office of Public Witness helped lead a conversation with elected officials to raise concerns and propose ways to address the humanitarian and food crisis in northeast Nigeria.
- 45 Brethren Volunteer Service volunteers
faithfully served around the world.
And God will continue to do great things in the days ahead.
On Giving Tuesday (November 28), join us in celebrating the great things God has done by making a gift to the Church of the Brethren.
Thank you for rejoicing with us on Giving Tuesday!
To make a gift to the Church of the Brethren for Giving Tuesday, visit www.brethren.org/GivingTuesday .